Over on East 24th Street in the Heights, is a lot filled with history. Dan Electro’s Guitar Bar, located at 1031 E 24th St., was previously owned by the owners of Frankel’s Costumes and operated the building as a steakhouse. Dan Electro’s eventually took off in the 80’s, but recently closed early 2016 – under the owner who also own’s Shakespeare Pub and wanted to focus on running just his Memorial Drive pub.
This weekend, four Heights neighbors are re-opening Dan Electro’s Guitar Bar: Jennifer Caldwell, Scott Fix, and John and April King. The four partners frequented the guitar bar, all working in the service industry, and all unanimously agree on reviving this bar to be a neighborhood destination.
Scott Fix celebrates his birthday on Saturday, March 25 and all of the partners agreed (even if Fix didn’t) that this was the date to celebrate Fix’s birthday and re-open the doors to Dan Electro’s Guitar Bar to the neighborhood. The re-grand opening under the new ownership will be at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 25 at the bar, located at 1031 E. 24th St.
The bar will be open seven days a week; 4 p.m. – 2 a.m. Stay tuned for more in next week’s column.