Artists, musicians, other creatives and nonprofit leaders impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic have access to an upcoming free webinar series as part of the Houston Emergency Response Program, the Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs announced Tuesday.
All Houston-based creatives are invited to participate in the webinars, which will be held next Monday through Friday. Those interested can apply at www.gener8tor.com/emergency-response-program/houston/creatives.
The program is a collaboration between the Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs, the Downtown Redevelopment Authority and gener8tor, a platform that connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. Its objective is to help creatives identify and leverage resources that can help them cope with the pandemic and economic downturn it has caused.
Representatives from gener8tor will work one-on-one with creatives to address their needs. Daily webinars and subsequent consultations will be available on the following topics:
- Sustaining your creativity and creative practice during COVID-19
- Navigating and utilizing TikTok to bolster your online presence
- Mental health and wellness resources for creatives
- Unemployment assistance and financial relief resources
- Fireside chat with Fernando Garibay, creative director and music producer on Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” album
For more information, contact Abby Taubner at email@example.com.